Today’s Tuesdays on the Run is all about sharing the Best Thing About Running and as I’m looking out at a gorgeous spring day, that’s a cheerful thing to contemplate. I even have tulips coming up at my house! Getting out to enjoy the sights and sounds and smells of the onset of spring is definitely a great thing about running for me.
What else do I consider the Best Thing About Running?
– That superwoman feeling at the end of a race or a tough run, when I feel like I could move mountains (or that I just did!). It’s amazing what running has done for my confidence! I’m a lot more successful in other areas of my life than I am in my running and yet running makes me feel like nothing else.
– How much better my lupus-y joints feel on days that I got a run in
– Seeing the world in a whole new light: Whether it’s running along the Atlantic coast in Rhode Island or along the Golden Gate Bridge in San Francisco or through the hills of Tuscany, running has allowed me to see so much more of the world than I ever would have as a normal business traveler.
– That I can do it: It still amazes me that I can keep putting one foot in front of the other and run half marathons. I think back to the person I was a few years ago, when I first decided to try going for a run, under equipped and very overweight, and am astounded at what I can do.
– Gives me an excuse to go back to Disney! As I consider the marathon, I have to keep reminding myself that I can see the parks at any time. I don’t HAVE to run 26.2 miles to do it.
What’s the best thing about running for you? Thanks as always to Patty, Erika and Marcia for hosting our link up! Up next week, the HARDEST thing about running (I love that it isn’t the worst thing, because is there really a bad thing about running?)