It’s been a while since I’ve done Friday Favorites, but today I have some things because a) I love them and b) I’ve really missed blogging and “talking” to you guys over the last few weeks. I’m trying to avoid typing in bed, which has really cut into blogging time.
- My cozy new blue sweater: So comfy and so appreciated to replace my previous faded and too-short version. I kept putting my old one back in the closet because I didn’t like wearing it anymore due to the fading and finally bit the bullet to replace it. Loving this new longer version from Old Navy! Moving to Nebraska has definitely allowed me to indulge my love of sweaters. That was always wasted on life in Louisiana.
- Using Alexa to stay on task in the morning: We have two of the Amazon Alexa home manager devices. I love that I both use Alexa to listen to music in the morning and set a timer to keep me from taking too long in the bathroom getting ready! It’s a relief not to constantly look at the clock. Even Oliver likes giving Alexa orders (usually involving playing his favorite songs, although he also asks her questions). Creepy to have someone listening to my house all the time? A bit, but also a little Jetson-y.
- Listening to Happy by Gretchen Rubin: I know this book is several years old, but I’m listening to it for the first time in the car and loving it as an antidote to my previous habit of listening to politics podcasts on my drive to and from work (oy). I definitely recommend it if you haven’t checked it out.
- Traction to help my ornery neck: I am LOVING laying in traction when I go to PT. I confess, it’s tempting to swap out the inversion table at home for one of these. It pulls gently for 30-45 seconds at a time, release and then pulls again, over and over for 20 minutes or so. It’s amazingly relaxing! It feels very indulgent for “medicine” and results in some wacky selfies. 🙂
- Speaking of indulgences, I am really looking forward to tea at the Peabody tomorrow here in Memphis. I’ve got to do a lot of public speaking tomorrow and interacting, which is going to wear this little introvert OUT. Thankfully, I have the pleasure of tea, with little cakes on a pretty tiered stand, to look forward to once I’m done.
What are you loving today? Anything you’re looking forward to this weekend?