I confess, this is always one of my favorite topics for the Tuesdays on the Run link-up: Runner’s gift lists. I love the chance to get new ideas for my own Christmas list. This year, I’m even more excited because I have a friend newly hooked on running and I want to send cool stuff to feed her new addiction. 🙂 Thanks as always to Marcia, Patty and Erika for hosting our link up!
Now that I’m in the midst of marathon training, my list includes thing to keep me entertained and things to keep me well dressed.
- Audiobooks: For these multi-hour training runs for the marathon, I’m loving audiobooks instead of my usual podcasts or music. I’m completely sucked into the mystery I’m listening to now, which helps me get out of the house in the morning!
- Music gift cards: For my new runner friend, I’m thinking I’ll pair the Audible gift card with an iTunes gift card as well, because I have a hunch that neither of those are things a busy working mom is going to treat herself to.
- Socks: I don’t know about you guys, but I am always thrilled to see new socks in my gifts (or my stocking Darrell – hint to hubby since we’re only doing stockings for each other this year). Nice running socks are expensive and there’s something so lovely about slipping my toes into a new pair.
- Books: You guys know I’m a sucker for new books and new cookbooks (despite the lack of book reviews lately – I have a couple of new cookbooks to tell you about!). I’ve given the Another Mother Runner books as gifts before and am loving a couple of new cookbooks I’ve gotten this year from Shalane Flanagan (Run Fast Eat Slow) and from Runner’s World.
- Race registration: I confess I’m a little tempted, now that my best friend is so into running, to register both of us for a race in some fun location for a racecation. 🙂 I’m a DVC member, so one of the Disney races is tempting – not to mention the serious fun quotient that comes with those.
What’s on your holiday wish list this year? I have a feeling we’re going to need a little literal peace on earth as our Christmas wish, but these things are a nice distraction in the meantime.