– I see a wide variety of little liquor bottles tossed on the side of the road. I was going to attribute that to the nearby high school, but now that I think about it, I see them most often on the road by the retirement home. Hmmm . . . .
– I always have an eye out for interesting rocks and flowers for Oliver as he loves when I bring them home for him (or gathers them himself when he’s along for the run).
– If O is along for the run, we’re naturally also keeping an eye out for any bugs we might need to investigate. If you look really closely, you can see the bee here that we spent several minutes watching during our run this weekend. I got to “learn” all about pollination from my smart kiddo.
– I saw a sadly abandoned My Little Pony during that ill-fated walk where I fell a week ago. 😦 It made me wonder if it was somehow dropped accidentally from a window (prompting an I told you so from some parental unit) or if someone threw it out in anger.
– I see a wide variety of animals, depending on where I am, from deer in the park to this impressive turtle in our little suburb:
– My favorite is when there are notes written in chalk on the path in my local park, to cheer people along in their training.
What do you see along your running routes? The suburbs can be a little boring, so I’m looking forward to everyone else’s scenery!