In honor of Valentine’s Day, I thought it was a good time to write a little love letter to myself. I’ve been trying to take more time to be kind to myself and while a love letter to myself is a little on-the-nose in terms of self-love, it’s Valentine’s Day so cheesy is pretty perfect, right? Frankly, I also need a bit of boost after a doctor’s visit yesterday where my doctor sort of stumbled around “Um, are you still exercising every once in a while.” Sigh. Yes, I’ve regained weight but I’m working on it.
This Valentine’s Day, I love myself for
- My ability to make my kiddo giggle with kisses and nibbles prompting him to tell me “We don’t eat people Mommy!” amidst the laughs. I don’t always have to be a serious mom. 🙂
- The fact that I’ve run 6 1/2 half marathons (darn Wine & Dine Half Half Marathon for ruining my count!)
- Taking control of my health and getting my blood pressure under control – 117/64 yesterday! Every time my blood pressure is normal, it makes me smile.
- My ability to make babies smile and families breathe a little easier when I work with them.
- Looking awesome in a pencil skirt 🙂
- Making my husband laugh. His crinkly eyed smiling face is one of my favorite sights!
- Keeping my best friend for the last 27 years. Not only do I love her, the fact that we’ve kept each other says good things about both of us, right?
- Being a person people come to for help and to smooth the waters when things go wrong. I like that I’m a person people think they can rely on.
All of those things are much more important than whatever the scale may say and cheesy as this little exercise has been, thinking of this list made me smile. 🙂
What do you love about yourself today?