This week’s Tuesdays on the Run topic is runner’s wish lists and at the moment, I’m wishing for better wifi at my parents house so I wasn’t writing this on my phone. 🙂 I’m also wishing for a winter full of good running mojo so that I keep moving through the off season, but I’m thinking more practical suggestions might be more helpful to you guys right? Here are the things on my list this year:
- Socks: Seriously, every runner always needs new socks. Snoop around and find their favorite brand and they’ll love you forever (Feetures for me, if any of my people are reading!)
- Winter gear: I could use a new running jacket (and see several suggestions in the link up!) and somehow don’t own a winter hat. I have several ear warmer bands but an actual hat would be nice when it gets down to the teens and single digits.
- Strength training support: I’m really bad about skipping the strength training part of my training and I know I’m not the only runner who does this. I’ve got a suspension system on my list because I love the TRX at the gym. Other ideas for your runner might be a strength training boon or DVD, sessions with a trainer or weights like hand weights, a kettlebell or weighted bars.
- Books: You guys know I’m a total book nerd so there are always books on my list. I’ve just added the new Runner’s World cookbook to my wish list (Meals on the Run: 150 energy-packed recipes in 30 minutes or less). I’d definitely recommend the first Runner’s World cookbook (reviewed here) and any of the Another Mother Runner books (here and here) for the runner in your life. A whole list of other book reviews for ideas is here.
- New FitBit: Mine has served me well for years now, but I’ve got a FitBit Charge, with the heart rate monitor, on my list this year. Extra data is always interesting, right?
On my non-running list, I have a bunch of seasons of Once Upon A Time since I’ve realized I’ve forgotten a lot of the detail of the early seasons. I’ve also got the new Adele album on the list (or else I’d have already have purchased it by now!) and a couple of new John Besh cookbooks. I may have a bit of a cookbook addiction. 🙂
What’s on your wish list this year?