I know I normally have a big round up of fabulous things I’ve read (and I promise I have a list of great things to share next week!) but this week, I’ve got sort of a scattered bunch of thoughts in my brain. It’s just one of those days, you know? You guys don’t even want to know how many typos were in the first draft of this post!
- I have a feeling I would be horrified if I had one of those little counting clickers and kept track of how many times I thought “Does no one else have anywhere to BE this morning” on my drive in to work today. I might be just a bit of an impatient driver.
- O had a good night last night and earned his fourth sticker for staying in bed, which means we can go to the pumpkin patch. I’m relieved because I really wanted to go to the pumpkin patch tomorrow – it’s the only weekend we have between now and November without something scheduled and I love the pumpkin patch! Note to self: Don’t tie future rewards to something I want too. 🙂
- I didn’t take my Alleve last night for the time in over a month and my hands aren’t too bad this morning! The lupus medication I’m taking seems to be kicking in, so I thought I’d try stepping back a bit on the NSAID (which the doctor told me I could try). My hands are a little stiff and puffy, but nothing like it was earlier this summer without the medication!
- Speaking of the lupus, I’ve had hair loss with it so yesterday I decided to cut off all of my hair that way the hairs that fall out are shorter and less messy (totally keeping it real here today!). I got a blow out while I was there. I confess, I was tempted to skip my workout last night because I knew my tempo run would totally trash the cuteness. I did run, and had a GREAT workout so it was worth ruining the hair, but I was mightily tempted. I’m too girl-incompetent to straighten my hair myself (and too lazy) but I’m always intrigued by how much younger I look with straighter hair.
- I’m flying to North Carolina on Sunday and my flight leaves at 5:20 AM!! I’ll have to wake up at 3 am to get there in time from my house since I live out on the west side of Omaha. Ugh. The worst part is that the coffee stand may not be open that early on Sunday morning in the airport. Why do I do this to myself? Thankfully it is a work trip and just me, so there won’t be many moving parts to get going.
This weekend will be busy for us, with an 11 mile long run, a trip to the pumpkin patch and an insanely early flight. What do you have going on this weekend?
PS: Last random confession: I’m in an all day ethics conference (don’t be jealous – jk) and forgot to get a stir stick for my coffee so I just stirred my coffee with the stem from the little bunch of grapes. Definitely a first for me, but making do (just like I’m making do with decaf coffee – who runs out of real coffee at an all day ethics conference?!)