Today’s Tuesdays on the Run topic is alternative medicine and running, which I don’t really have any thoughts on (not a sports medicine practitioner and don’t have any personal experience with it, so don’t feel right talking about it). Instead, I thought I’d share something else running related today. Definitely go over to the Tuesdays on the Run link up to learn more about everyone’s experiences with alternative medicine. I’m looking forward to reading and learning more today! Thanks as always to April, Patty and Erika for hosting!
I saw this little survey on Happy Fit Mama (here) and thought it was really cute, so I had to ask O these questions to see what he thought of his mama’s running:
1. What does Mama eat before a run?
– Yogurt (I’ve learned the hard way back at the Midnight Run that my tummy in fact does not handle yogurt well pre-run)
2. How far does Mama run everyday?
– 8 miles (He was amusingly certain about this)
3. What was Mama’s favorite race?
– Mickey’s race (He’s right about that!)
4. Why do you think Mama runs?
– Because exercise is good for you (Explaining the sanity part would probably be too complicated for an almost 4 year old, right?)
5. What injuries has Mama had from running?
– None but I broke my leg (Lots of things come back to him breaking his leg. I did explain that I have fallen and hurt myself and that’s why we’re careful when we run.)
6. Do you like going to Mama’s races?
– Yes! I get to clap and say Yay Mama and you smile! (So cute!)
7. Have you learned anything from having a Mama who runs?
– No (This made me smile – also very certain about this answer)
8. Does having a Mama who runs make you want to run?
– Yes. Can we run today? I didn’t get any exercise yesterday.
9. What your least favorite thing about having a Mama who runs?
– Nothing. It’s fun!
10. Do you think you’ll run when you are Mama’s age? And how old you think your Mama is?
– Mama is four. I will run when I am as old as Mama but when I am as big as Daddy I will stop. (Apparently I’ve gotten younger in the last few weeks – earlier this month, he thought I was 20.)
I may have to periodically repeat this little survey with Oliver since it made for some interesting conversation on the ride to and from school over the last day or two. Knowing that he is watching is such a huge motivation for me in making healthy choices and in staying active. No matter what he says, he’s clearly learning something. 🙂 Now I’m off to learn something by reading the Tuesday on the Run link up about alternative medicine!
What do your kids think about your running or other exercise? I’ll bet my dog just thinks I’m nuts. Why would you stay on the path when you run when there are so many interesting things in the woods and the ditches?