I’m probably a little too amped up already, looking forward to tomorrow’s Lincoln Half Marathon, but we all know I can’t start my day without coffee so you might as well join me. 🙂 Really, my ideal weekend morning includes far too many cups of coffee and enough lounging around time to really enjoy them.
When I’m excited and nervous about something like I am this race, I tend to talk a lot. Today, in addition to the race, I’m pretty sure these are the things I’d ramble about if you were here with me:
– Can you believe we’re only a week out from Mother’s Day? In case my husband is reading this, a quick little Mother’s Day wish list for me:
- Some new scented lotion (LOVE a good body cream!)
- Flowers that Oliver picks out (he has great taste!)
- New running socks (because a mother runner has needs)
- Tales from Another Mother Runner (because one of those needs is mother runner laughs)
– My ideal Mother’s Day might look a lot like last Saturday did at our house. I got to go out for a breakfast date with Oliver, which meant endless coffee refills and the kind of random chatter only a three year old dining partner can provide. Then we hit the library to get some new books for O and pick up one I’d requested, Oh! You Pretty Things by Shanna Mahin. It ended up being a really quick and easy read: I was actually able to finish the whole thing Saturday while we lazed around the house! I’d definitely recommend it if you want something interesting but not heavy at all. There really isn’t much surprising or complicated about the plot, but the conversations and interpersonal dynamics are interesting and things zip along really quickly. I even got out for a run during nap time that day. Like I said, perfect day!
– I also recently won this book on making Mom friends (Women are Scary) in an online giveaway and it made me laugh a bit to get the email telling me I’d won it. 🙂 It’s like they knew I was totally socially incompetent and a little paralyzed at the idea of approaching other moms. Before Oliver broke his leg, we were actually strategizing setting up our first playdate. It was like gearing up to ask someone out on a date for the first time!
– Speaking of things that stress me out, I have to bring something to O’s school next week for Teacher Appreciation Week and their potluck. For some reason, this always stresses me out even though I know I’m an EXCELLENT cook. Any ideas for good potluck recipes that are good at cold or room temperature?
– Speaking of O’s broken leg, we go on Tuesday to cut off the cast and repeat x-rays. Cross your crossables that things are healing well and we’re done with this thing! He’s already lost a couple of pounds and his leg is getting so thin that I can see a big gap at the top of the cast. It’s going to take a while to get things back to normal once the cast is off, but we’re all ready to get that process started! I just hope everything has healed well.
I should probably cut off the coffee now so that I can get to sleep tonight. 🙂 How are you doing? What do you want to chat about today? Any big plans for May? Let me know and enjoy your beverage of choice this lovely May morning, wherever you may be!