Today, the weather is nice enough to have our coffee date out on the deck in the sun. Blissful! I have no doubt we’d spend the first chunk of coffee date giddy over the weather change. Spring always makes people a little loopy about the weather. 🙂
If we were having coffee today . . .
– We’d talk about the run I’m doing this afternoon, the Leprechaun Chase. My training plan calls for an 8-9 mile run this weekend and a 10K next weekend. I could just switch them, as the Leprechaun Chase is a 10K, but I’m not planning on really racing it because of the terrain (some cross country, some gravel, some trail). I think I’ll just haul myself out for two miles sometime this morning and call it good for 8-9 miles after the 10K. Apparently there are lots of costumes at this run and the premise is kind of cute. Girls get a 5 minute head start and the boys then chase. Whoever wins (a guy/girl) gets their entire sex free beer at the finish. 🙂
– We’d talk about how excited I already am about doing Wine and Dine in November! I got in this week through Disney Vacation Club early registration, so I’m registered for the half marathon Saturday night and the Jingle Jungle 5K Saturday morning. Oliver is registered for his first Disney kid’s race Saturday morning too. It’s going to be a busy day! Oliver is already looking forward to getting his medal. I’ve heard such great things about this race!
– We’d talk about how much I love this YSL Volupte Tint in Oil. It’s a luscious peach color, smells YUM and is seriously moisturizing for my dry lips.
– I’d ask about your experience starting kindergarten with your child. Oliver has a birthday just past the kindergarten entry cutoff, so we’ll have to get him tested to get him in around the time he turns 5 instead of around the time he turns 6. It feels like such a big decision and a little overwhelming that the principal wants to meet with us already when O is only 3.5!
– I’d definitely ask about your spring plans. Festivals, races, gardens, vacations? I love all of the little festivals we start to have here when the weather warms up and the race packet for today’s 10K included flyers for lots of local races that tempted me. 🙂
Here’s hoping you have a real coffee date this morning to start the weekend off right!